Since its conception in 2018, OzXcorp has quickly set itself apart as a global industry leader for the electrification of mobile off-grid power solutions in the recreational and commercial markets. With the clear focus on designing a holistic system architecture from the ground up, we ensure our products are best in class and set new benchmarks in terms of power, system integration, efficiency, connectivity, sustainability and safety.
Recognizing where the markets are heading and understanding which emerging technologies will advance, OzXcorp has a clear development roadmap of innovative products to underline and further cement our leading position.
As Standards and Compliance Manager you play a key and integral role within the company, ensuring our products meet all applicable industry standards and legal regulations, shaping and formulating new standards for emerging technology through industry steering comities and providing guidance and advice to the engineering team.
Reporting to the head of engineering, you will need to work as an independent body within the company, providing objective directions and advice to the engineering team, purchasing department and production, ensuring compliance is met and industries best practice is being followed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Guiding the engineering team to ensure products are being designed to all relevant standards and meet or exceed minimum requirements in relation to (human) safety, company policies and industry best practice.
- Organising and overseeing compliance testing of all products, both in collaboration with external testing houses or through self-certification.
- Manage all certification data and associated documentation in accordance with industry minimum requirements and best practice as well as facilitate company audits by regulatory bodies.
- Analyse and identify standards and product short comings to drive innovation through the formulation of statements of work, feasibility studies and the development of concepts in collaboration with the engineering team.
- Supporting and/or representing OzXcorp during (inter)national discussions, shaping and formulating new standards for emerging and existing technologies in relevant markets.
- Work closely together with the Quality Manager to ensure company management processes (such as ISO9001) are implemented or in place and followed.
- Lead training sessions on regulatory compliance issues whilst disseminating knowledge.
- Establish (Deemed-to-Comply) and (Enhanced-Safety) measures by way of evidence and supporting literature.
- Review operational activity to ensure our holistic technology solutions are not only developed in accordance with best practice, but that we ensure external application of product does not introduce unforeseen safety risks in any form.
Experience and attributes:
- Must have an engineering degree, ideally in the fields of mechanical, electrical, electronic or equivalent technology areas.
- The position would suit an experienced and confident individual with no less than 5 years engineering application development experience.
- Must have an impeccable ability for memory recall and ability to promptly direct themselves to appropriate standards.
- Must have patience to read, adsorb and generally recite definitions of standards both from Automotive, IEC and UL.
- Must have experience and aptitude for interpolation of standards, that of practical application and that of formulating a Deemed-to-Comply.
- Must have a passion for keeping up to date with emerging technologies and innovations.
- International applicants welcome